View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 08:28 AM   #6787
lb0
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
No, then they couldn't toggle between two values.
These are cycle buttons with 2 values: "stereo" and "the value the button should trigger".
Example:
Mono Button (Stereo - Mono)
Sides Button (Stereo - Sides)
Left Button (Stereo - Left)
Right Button (Stereo - Right)

Edit:

some screenshots

Hmmm - it's hard to get my head around this. But if you're not using radio buttons - then there's every chance the buttons may not reset correctly.

There are issues with cycle buttons - and it's mainly to do with the way the VST reports its values. Some VSTs work really well with cycle buttons - others do not as they use continuous controls for stepped values. Acustica plugins for instance - are useless - they use continuous controls for stepped values - and don't even report the value properly (all the latest Acqua updates just report 0 no matter what the control is set to). SKNote plugins are also difficult but not quite so bad. And then others work really well.

It really probably depends on the VST and the way the parameters you are using are reporting their values.

Also - I think what you're trying to do here is probably pretty complex - I'm not saying you won't get it working - but there are some factors involved out of both your and my control.

It may of course be absolutely fine - in which case flip the tick box controls about in Cycle options and see if anything works - lol! Probably best ensure each one uses the same sequence of ticks - otherwise you will get weird acting controls.
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote