View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 12:47 PM   #149
Musiciansfan
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viente View Post
So there is still no way to store ReaPeaks in relative path to Reaper root folder?
Yes, apparently this is still a problem.

What's weird is, the only relative path (that I know of) that can be specified in reaper is the path to the python dll on the reascript preferences page.

When I use the following path on my USB drive:

\Portable Python 3.2.5.1\App\DLLs

Provided I specify the correct .dll in the "Force Python to use .dll" box, I get:

python3.dll is installed.

I tried this on a usb drive with multiple computers with different drive letters and it still says this.

Based on this, I think the real question is, why does it seem like this is the only relative path that can be specified? When I specify a relative path in the same way as I did here for the other folders on my usb drive in the paths preferences page, it doesn't work.

EDIT: I did some more investigating and it turns out the default render\record paths as specified in the paths preferences section are able to have a backslash in the beginning (\REAPER as opposed to [drive_letter]:\REAPER) and still render\record to the proper directory(s). This leads me to believe: either there is a bug with the program's ability to generate .reapeaks files or I'm just missing something.

Last edited by Musiciansfan; 09-01-2014 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Misquote, Adding on
Musiciansfan is offline   Reply With Quote