View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 07:57 AM   #1513
chumbo
Human being with feelings

Default Rename items according to Markers

Hi,
I was hoping someone with the proper skills would be so kind as to hack this script "Script: beaunus_Name item takes by last marker to cut item.lua" so that instead of the items getting their name from the last marker, it would be from the first or previous marker.

My situation being that I have one large file which is a live concert recorded in one take. I then dropped markers at the beginning of each song and named the marker after the song title starting at that marker position.

I then split the file according to the markers and would now like to rename each item with it's song title so that when I render, I can then use the wildcard $item and I'll have all the songs named automatically!

So the above script would have done exactly that except...it names the items according to the LAST marker, which in effect is the next song so that each item/song ends up with the name of the next song!?

It seems to me therefore that a slight hack in the script where it would be instructed to take the name from the first (or previous) marker would do the trick!

Thanks in advance!
chumbo
chumbo is offline   Reply With Quote