View Single Post
Old 08-28-2014, 02:57 PM   #1
Human being with feelings

Default Crackling DI guitar...

A short prehistory, recently many good guys here helped me to choose a new soundcard instead Lexicon Lambda, so thank you - now I have NI Komplete audio 6. It`s cool, I`ve already recorded vocal of one girl using my external preamp, everything was very fine. Yesterday I used the same preamp (as it`s multi purposed and has line\instrument inputs as well) to record several guitars tracks just to test some software amp sims, and when I instantly turned off all effects during playback I heard DI signal with extremely noticeable cracklings which I didn`t hear whith hi-gain amp sims. I thought it was kinda a buffer problem, and rendered them - nothing changed. Maybe smb has an experience of such a situation? What should I check at 1-st? Maximum peak levels were -6db and -9 of both guitars (as SWS extension says). From guitar to preamp there`s a special and pretty cool recording cable Providence, from balanced preamp`s output to bal line input of NI KA6 I`m using a short amphenol\klotz bal cable thus having a fully balanced connection and signal, which should be less noisy if I`m not mistaken... I`m very looking forward to seeing good advices from you. Thanx!
111 is offline   Reply With Quote