View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015, 03:32 PM   #13
macousticboy
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
IMO, you would have been wiser to send the stems or individual tracks to a mixer. The mixer likely would have offered some advice on how to get the best results from what you sent and could have also given some advice on how to improve some of the elements. A good mixer could get the product to a broadcast ready state without involving a "mastering engineer"
Okay thank-you for your advice, here. Where would I find such a "mixer" and do they charge an exorbitant amount? If advice is all I need, then it shouldn't be a need for too many consultations.

Quote:
don't expect "mastering" to fix anything
Idk exactly where this is coming from, but at no time did I ever make any statement or even an implication that mastering can "fix anything." All I did was simply ask Cockos to cough up a simple tutorial on mastering, if they are going to claim Reaper is a mastering platform. Most people without any interest in this discussion would think that's a logical step to take.

There should never be even a second thought on something like that. And I remain in my position. Full stop.