View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 03:18 PM   #119
sai'ke
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonE View Post
Having in default key mapping also same features of renoise mapping for f9,f10,f11,f12 would be cool. Those 4 keys are so useful, I would add them even to all key mappings, e.g. default is using only f9 for harmony helper, those could be moved instead to something like ctrl+f9.

I will just do some editing now.

Added some control, by making first entry a 1, instead of 0:
PHP Code:
    keys.harmony        = { 1,    0,  0,    26169 }         -- F9
    keys
.options        = { 1,    0,  0,    6697265 }       -- F11    
    keys
.panic          = { 1,    0,  0,    6697266 }       -- F12 
Then taking over same from renoise:
PHP Code:
    keys.m0             = { 0,    0,  0,    26169.0 }       -- F9
    keys
.m25            = { 0,    0,  0,    6697264.0 }     -- F10
    keys
.m50            = { 0,    0,  0,    6697265.0 }     -- F11
    keys
.m75            = { 0,    0,  0,    6697266.0 }     -- F12 
This is useful, as often you want to do some minor changes to the end of the bar, which you can do now hitting f12, then editing there.
Feel free to send me a full layout and I will add it as an extra option in the base tracker itself. Then you don't have to change it with every update.

Quote:
Sorry about this.
No problem! This always happens over time. Mess accumulates, and is cleaned up iteratively when it gets too bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixon View Post
Is there a shortcut for switching tracks?
For the shortcut for switching tracks, there is now: CTRL + SHIFT + <- / ->

Quote:
Also I think column mute might come in handy too.
It's on the to-do list, but I have to think about how to handle this best. The issue is that the tracker does not see 'beyond' the MIDI item at the moment and it would not be an easy change to implement. Would it be acceptable if it'd just mute a column for that one pattern? What key do you have in mind?

Quote:
In my view switching items should do also following:
-set time selection to selected item
-set loop to time selection
I've added this as an option under options.

Quote:
if 'break'
-split at point
-mute from point until end of item

if normal
-unmute region
-glue with surrounding

No matter what is 'under' that time step, it would be muted or unmuted, so it would even work with audio items, not only midi. I think even buzz did not have this.
I'm not sure how this'd work. You'd want all the notes at the break point to be split? And then everything under the split to be muted (unplayed) midi notes? And then when you remove the break, it has to glue it back together again? What about notes that were split before you put the break in? I wouldn't have any way to determine that they shouldn't be glued.