View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 01:45 AM   #6114
lb0
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizizo View Post
A small bug to mention: When using a cycle button with custom values displayed, the value text doesn't change when either changing the value from the plugin's gui or switching to a snapshot with a different setting. The graphic of the button does change, but the value text remains on the last setting. Works ok when actually clicking the cycle button itself. Maybe its something I've done or didn't do? Not sure.
Yeah - I'm aware of some issues regarding this. It really depends on the target parameter and how it works in the plugin.

If the parameter is continuous in the plugin - but provides a stepped value (like Nebula/Aqua's) - it's very hard to match the plugin's value with the value expected in a cycle control - as there are multiple positions in the plugin that provide the same step value - whereas a cycle control generally monitors for a single value set in the plugin (which works for some plugins).

I did have code which worked by ranges (and in fact it should still be in there - but it's so long ago now I don't remember the exact details).

Some plugins provide a continuous control to set a stepped value - but when you actually release on a step - it fixes to a specific internal value for that parameter - these can work in Stripper if you use the plugin to set each step and not the automatic features within the CYCLE EDIT dialog (which scans for changes in the plugin value).

So you may or may not be able to get the cycle control to update correctly depending on the plugin and how you set the cycle control up. It really relies on you knowing how the plugin parameter has been coded - and how to get that working best with stripper.

Again - snapshots store not the cycle control position - but the parameter's current value to store the state (for many reasons - you may switch a control from cycle control to standard knob control - in which case you do not want to record a cycle position - as that will break the snapshot). Again - it really depends on the plugin parameter and how the cycle control is set up.

I can get probably 95% (completely made up statistic lol - but you get what I mean) - of cycle controls working in a useful way - but it does take some experimentation with how you set it up (manually/automatically/via plugin parameter tweaking etc).
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote