View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 07:20 PM   #78
JohnnyMcFly
Human being with feelings

@Brian, you are passionate about your products, and thats great. Its really easy to get carried away when you are passionate, I do it all the time. However, I think why no one mentions it to me is because most of the stuff I get carried away with is free.

This is without a doubt one of the most supportive forums on the web, and everyone here that I know, and thats almost everyone, does not just use freeware. They use a range of products, and, of all the forums on the web, without a doubt, this is definitely one of the most honest, if not the most honest. I have had literally hundreds of private conversations off this forum with the users here, and not once has anyone EVER mentioned a pirated copy of anything. If someone here is using an IK product, you can bet its legal. I know you didn't mention anything about piracy, its just that I assume you're new and I wanted to give you an insight into the type of people you'll meet here.

When my dog got sick and was going to die, It was this forum, KVR, and GAM that came up with the cash for me to get him fixed. Giving away freeware for 2 years doesn't leave you as a rich man..So, its things like that, and the feeling of friendship that people have in this community that makes them so protective of its content, myself included. We are all friends here, we have our scuffles here and there, but its usually quickly resolved or forgotten.

Exactly as loveofjazz and others have said, support your products, thats just excellent, but step over the line into selling, or pushing your products and these guys will eat you alive..

I am also guilty of the same thing, mostly of going off topic though, but I think these guys tolerate me because I have earned the right to screw up..

Anyways back on topic..
Halion
Head Case(Naturally) haha
DKFH samples
Anything Bootsy releases