View Single Post
Old 03-31-2016, 06:21 PM   #14
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitchSlap View Post
I just tried the test project with a fresh portable install on my laptop (no alternate peak cache dir set) and still get the exact same problem so that should rule out anything config, peak cache or OS related (though I believe this is a Windows only problem, based on Gwok's post in the old thread on this, and having it occur myself on XP, Win7 and Win10).

Turning off loop source still causes the waveform to disappear entirely, so that remains the only concrete thing to go on at this point.

After 6 years I've learned to live with this as just a fact of life so it doesn't irk me as much as it did before, I would be great if it could be resolved, but no worries if you can't a solution. I definitely appreciate the attempt.
Have you tried turning off preferences/buffering/advanced "allow memory mapped files for peak caches" ? (you will want to restart reaper after changing that)

Can you give me precise instructions of how to duplicate using a fresh install and the project attached? e.g. "click start of first visible item, type up arrow 5 times to zoom in" etc?
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote