View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 11:54 AM   #14
lb0
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
@lb0
I haven't tried the workaround in this first post because I have not encountered with chunks that large yet but it is on my list to test this. Save chunks functions shouldn't change anything in the string to save to the chunk. Strange!
Ok thanks. Yeah - that's what I thought - but using the SNM functions seem to always preserve the order of GUIDs in the list - so reordering and deleting means plugin GUIDs will change - i'm literally taking an fx chunk - copying into another space in the chain and when setting the chunk back - the GUID's are rewritten as they were at the beginning but with the new fx data in place :/

I'm going to see if I can use the reaper.SetTrackStateChunk with the larger data - see if that suffers from the 4Mb limit.

I'm similar in that I hadn't come across chunks that big either - but a few people using my scripts have now reported losing plugins from the chain (or script crashing due to incomplete chunk data) which is definitely related to the truncated chunks.

I have put in a bug report for the main reaper.GetTrackStateChunk issue - see if it can be sorted out at source.
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote