View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 11:38 AM   #28
phunkyg
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephansound View Post
Hi everybody,
I discover Reaper and I find that's a very good alternative to Protools that I use since many years to record and mix all music projects. And the ReaControl24 is a very good news because I work with a Control24, and I love it !
So, I meet some problems to install the relation between my iMac(OS10.9.5) and the Control24.
When I write, in the Terminal : pip install -r requirements.txt --user , I find that :

Requirement already satisfied: netifaces in /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/netifaces-0.10.6-py2.7-macosx-10.6-intel.egg (from -r requirements.txt (line 1))
Collecting pyOSC (from -r requirements.txt (line 2))
Could not fetch URL https://pypi.python.org/simple/pyosc/: There was a problem confirming the ssl certificate: [SSL: TLSV1_ALERT_PROTOCOL_VERSION] tlsv1 alert protocol version (_ssl.c:661) - skipping
Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement pyOSC (from -r requirements.txt (line 2)) (from versions: )
No matching distribution found for pyOSC (from -r requirements.txt (line 2))

Is anybody can send me a solution ? I've disabled my firewall but it doesn't run....

Thanks for your tips !
Hi

Please forgive the stunted answer as I'm on a mobile phone with limited internet.

I think you might be hitting a common problem with python and OSX where some of the SSL library packages are too old for pip to work properly. IIRC you can update them and pip starts working again. You'd have to search for it though as I dont remember the specifics.

You can also try downloading and installing packages without pip or with an alternative like easyinstall.

If you find the magic please let us know and we can add it to a 'common problems' section in the readme. Python 2.7 was chosen mainly because it is preinstalled to OSX but it is a bit of a pain sometimes!

Edit: this might be it? https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...y-failed-certi
phunkyg is offline   Reply With Quote