View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 09:09 PM   #5
lossfound
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
not exactly what you're after, but JS/schwa/midi_modal_randomness will output lots of random but structured midi notes.
That is definitely pretty darned neat, I'll probably end up finding some use for it now, but it's not quite what I am after here. If I'm getting the controls right... it's kind of more an algorithmic-ish arpeggiator... I am going for completely random pitches across a specified gamut triggered exclusively at my non-quantized whim. Like I said, the Stillwell randomizer would be perfect, if only it would allow me to trigger with at least two keys, if not the entire keyboard / polyphonically...

edit: Totally embarrassed to share this mp3 because it was just a way of killing time while the microwave finished with my veggie burgers, and I didn't even bother with the metronome (or a consistent meter for that matter):
http://lossfoundation.com/demos/the_future_3a.mp3

...but it does *sort* of exemplify what I'm after. This is being achieved with random pitch modulation on two awful samples, but I want the actual MIDI output to be randomized so I can load up a whole keymap's worth of awful samples and unleash an unrelenting, effortless assault on... I dunno, my cats.

Last edited by lossfound; 01-29-2008 at 09:14 PM.
lossfound is offline   Reply With Quote