View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 07:18 AM   #44
SubbaseDnB
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRMJP View Post
I agree, thanks for showing interest. It's more than a view preset and more 3rd party scripts.

It's ideally an entirely different mode and environment as you say. There is a reason why some of use move to HOFA or WaveLab etc. to finalize the job. Mastering is more than putting the songs in order on a timeline and adding stereo processing FX and that's where REAPER starts to fall short.

REAPER is amazing at many things and I know was never intended to be a mastering DAW, but it's already fairly close so why not go all the way and likely gain a lot more users?

I also received a PM on this forum about another well known mastering engineer trying to use REAPER but with a list of notes about how REAPER can be more friendly to mastering-only people.

i also have studio one pro 3,and have used that before to master my own tracks,but i found the lack of automation in the project page to be a down side.

i only recently got back to using Reaper again for my musc,so havent Mastered any of my new tracks in Reaper yet.

But the sooner you guyscan post your lists the sooner the devs could look into it
SubbaseDnB is online now   Reply With Quote