View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 11:47 AM   #117
musicbynumbers
Human being with feelings

Glad to see it's been experimented with!

I can see totally see what you mean about use over speed etc.

for me, it would be nice to be able to toggle it on maybe for the selected track (or "scan selected track" so that that track has a spectogram peak file associated with it now).

also, unless you can spectral edit (like in RX), the main use would be the advantage it can give at the higher frequencies in picking out certain unwanted tones or noise (which is hard to do on waveforms with high frequencies almost lost anyway) but unless the mouse had a tooltip to show frequency at the mouse position then it's still not as useful as people might think it is.

Maybe.. it just looks cool! If it's a lot of work though, i'd much rather see support for ARA as that really IS something that would be massively useful to people with melodyne and in that same sense, any serious audio editing in the frequency domain really needs RX unless there's a lot of work done on it here which might be better spent elsewhere when there's better tools out there for this stuff already.