View Single Post
Old 02-28-2015, 07:53 AM   #78
beingmf
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by macousticboy View Post
LOL That may be, but there is nothing about the vocal in this particular track that I would change, because I happen to like it - like the style of it. Others have mentioned that they like it as well. At least 1 person said the acoustic git was the only thing that needed retracking.
I still like the vocals
But I also second what many contributors already said. The mix is not "mastering ready" yet. It indeed turns out that the tubby reverb on the vocals is emphasized now that the audio is compressed and limited.
This is something that normally shouldn't happen if the mix is dense (or glued/cohesive) enough in the first place.

Being able to deliver a good mix doesn't happen over night - a lot (!) of experience is needed. Objective listening, more than basic technical knowledge, also the ability to accept technical/musical feedback.

How about mixing 2 more versions with a completey different approach? Just for experience's sake?