View Single Post
Old 09-17-2015, 02:29 PM   #35
Nystagmus
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalscream View Post
Well now...I must say, I'm incredibly impressed. I've been using Reaper for two or three years now, and I've never bothered trying to get it working on my main desktop (Ubuntu, for work reasons) because of interface (in)compatibility issues.

Just got myself a TC Impact Twin, and figured that with the DICE chip, it might be worth...well, a roll of the dice.

Blow me down, it actually works! I broke the rules and installed Reaper x64 straight into WINE, with ASIO through jackd (I really had no idea what I was doing). End result? 2.9ms latency, all my plugins working (including Addictive Drums, which shocked me a bit) and to top it off I've got my Behringer ADA8000 running perfectly - although I had to attach the Twin to Windows to configure it properly.

Oh, and the UI works much more smoothly in Ubuntu than it does in Windows. That's bizarre.

The only thing I can't get working is the x86 VST bridge, which is a shame 'cos it means that I can't use the TC plugins. Not the end of the world, though.

tl;dr - nice one, Cockos, you've really done a stellar job here
Congratulations!
Nystagmus is offline   Reply With Quote