View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 12:45 PM   #4
serr
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by featherfurl View Post
Hi,

Occasionally I have a track full of automation curves that I want to re-target from one parameter to another. I've looked around a bit online, but I haven't been able to find specific information on whether this is possible in reaper and if so, how to do it. At the moment, the only way I can see to accomplish this is to manually select a range of automation then copy paste it into another track This is comparatively fiddly and automation tracks seem like something that should be directly re-routable if I can work out how.

I recently reinstalled windows, and thus reaper & plugins. For some reason the automation relating to one of my VSTs in one of my projects suddenly targets completely wrong parameters. This seems to affect all previously saved versions of the project where this VST is used. It'd be nice if there was a simple way to fix it that doesn't involve a lot of manual copy/pasting.

Does anyone know if there's a simple way to go about this?
You don't have to paste to a different track as an in-between step. Just click on the target envelope you wish to paste to, position the cursor to the start point and paste.

I mention the "position the cursor" part as everything pastes to the cursor by default in Reaper. Adjust your workflow here so you aren't constantly going back and forth on yourself and having to reposition the cursor between every cut/paste.

A Windows reinstall leads to that kind of thing eh? That's pretty special.
serr is offline   Reply With Quote