Thread: Dark Theme
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2020, 12:19 PM   #15
Commala
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaviez View Post
Mind sharing some tips on this? I've messed about with the high contrast settings but can't get anything looking as pleasing as yours. :/
See the link in my sig. I couldn't find how to alter a couple colours though for the life of me, which you will not see in Reaper but in some other apps there is a weird purple and green colour in certain menus etc.

There are some other ways it's not optimal, the way it makes the OS look etc, but my goal was just to make Reaper look good for people who fire Reaper up and use it all day. Basically the classic definition of the DAW, where the computer is dedicated completely to working in the audio app. Personally I just switch themes if I'm working in another app for an extended period of time, but for Reaper I've found this one does a good job.

As for concerns that this will potentially break the OS, the beauty of using a high contrast theme is specifically because it avoids having to install any other theme programs or changing the registry. Just download the theme file, and copy it to the theme folder. I give more detailed instructions in the link below.
Commala is offline   Reply With Quote