View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 06:15 AM   #18
EvilDragon
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuhRAH View Post
As you see in my example ( sorry the cursor is offset, licecap doesn't like hidpi) there's nothin else on the items besides a volume envelope, so does that mean that we kinda really do need seperate item envelope modifiers?
No, we don't, because the item can contain other things that can get in the way: fade in/out handles, stretch markers, for example. So no matter that those things aren't seen/used in your screenshot, that doesn't mean that area is not reserved to ensure proper functionality of those same things.

Item envelope really can only be influenced by mouse when you click directly on it - either a point or a segment. Outside of it is all reserved for item itself and other objects that can be on it, as mentioned above. I would take this as a fact and live with it.

What you could do, for example, is make a custom action that has these two in it:

Item: Select item under mouse cursor
Envelope: unselect all points

Then use that custom action as default action for Media item left click mouse modifier.

This way every time you click on the item itself you will have envelope points deselected.

What I actually use is this action:

SWS: Unselect all items/tracks/env points (depending on focus)

bound to Shift+A. Works just fine.
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote