View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 03:00 AM   #19
StuhRAH
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
No, we don't, because the item can contain other things that can get in the way: fade in/out handles, stretch markers, for example. So no matter that those things aren't seen/used in your screenshot, that doesn't mean that area is not reserved to ensure proper functionality of those same things.

Item envelope really can only be influenced by mouse when you click directly on it - either a point or a segment. Outside of it is all reserved for item itself and other objects that can be on it, as mentioned above. I would take this as a fact and live with it.

What you could do, for example, is make a custom action that has these two in it:

Item: Select item under mouse cursor
Envelope: unselect all points

Then use that custom action as default action for Media item left click mouse modifier.

This way every time you click on the item itself you will have envelope points deselected.

What I actually use is this action:

SWS: Unselect all items/tracks/env points (depending on focus)

bound to Shift+A. Works just fine.
Okay, I'm playing with the custom action script. Seems like that'll work, but is there no simple action for "if points become unfocused"? So, no matter when you click in reaper, if it isn't on an envelope point, all points will be deselected? That would be a much cleaner way of having all envelope points deselected without having to specify each and every mouse click to deactivate them (not that you can select a custom action for every mouse click type)
StuhRAH is offline   Reply With Quote