View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 05:18 PM   #28
Tsjanith
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDBOIS View Post
If you can't hear it, and assuming your hearing is not impaired, then what are you listening to the audio with?

Headphones, right?

What kind? Should not matter that much, but maybe your headphones are not working properly?

I have entry-level DT770 80ohm headphones and can hear the difference.

So... What did you do to the signal in the DAW when mixing? What was your role in this project? Did you compress, De-ess, gate, autotune, add a music track, limit?

Really, you need to figure out a way to 'hear' what we are hearing, because until you do there is no point trying to find a solution to fix the problem, because you won't be able to hear it!

You can't fix what you can't hear. Right?

If I was you I would try using another pair of headphones. If you stil can't hear it, then either it's your ears or some ear-to-brain processing (i.e. a mind perception issue). Sort of like when I was younger I never really heard the bass riff in songs, but now that I play bass I can hear all the riffs, all the time.
I have Shure SRH440. If it's malfunctioning, could have fooled me! I can still hear flaws in music recordings with it that I cannot detect (at all) with normal speakers.

In the DAW I used Reafir to remove background noise, but then removed it and rerendered when he told me about the issue. It was still there.... I don't think it could have been Reafir, unless it did something destructive. I'm sending him some test files to see if I can get to the bottom of it.

When I bounced back and fourth between the time stamps you listed, I was able to detect the absolute most superficial, minuscule difference...but I REALLY had to concentrate.

Is it really that overt? If so, I might actually have to get my hearing checked...strange though. I have had 0 issues until now.

I don't think the ear-to-brain processing theory makes sense. I mean, you can always hear a bass riff if you try, no?
Tsjanith is offline   Reply With Quote