View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 11:40 AM   #67
Tod
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
- I don't get the administrator desire. For user apps such as reaper it should be exactly as you asked. For admin type things such as admin stuff and changing system settings it would slightly idiotic to go that route. Sorry if that is stern sounding but the malware/virus/security fiasco from the XP days is the perfect lesson on how bad of an idea that is.
Actually all my computers that I use for my studio are not and have never been connected to the net. However, I wasn't aware that Administrative Privileges also protected your computer from the net, is that right? I thought they were strictly for personal computer privacy.
I'm still wondering about this, does Administrative Privileges also protected your computer when you're on the net? I've never had Administrative Privileges on any of my computers before and really don't know anything about it.

Also, has anyone had any problems with 3rd party FX or VSTis in either 32-bit or 64-bit with Win-8?

To carry that a little further, are there any apps or programs that work with Win-7 that doesn't work with Win-8, and/or, could there be any problems running programs that work with both XP and Win-7?

I want to thank everyone, I think my decision for Win-7 or Win-8 is becoming finalized.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote