View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 11:28 AM   #1
michael diemer
Human being with feelings

Default Incorrect Importation Of Note Values In Notion (FIXED)

Not sure if this is a bug or just something the devs haven't encountered before, but I'll post it here.

I exported an orchestral piece as a midi 1 file, and then imported that into Notion, a dedicated notation software program. Things were cool until about bar 173, when the meter switched from 2/4 to 7/4. Then, what were 1/4 notes in Reaper became 1/2 notes in Notion. They ran of course many measures ahead into other material, so it was quite a mess, which I am still cleaning up.

I have successfully imported sonar projects into Notion before, so this appears to be a Reaper problem. I have no idea what it might be, but one thing I wonder about is, the way Reaper quantifies note values. It took me a while to figure that out, as it was different from the way Sonar does it. This could be something to look at.

Here's an example of how sonar and reaper quantify a 1/4 note, as seen in the event lists of each program:

At bar 83 of my piece, Sonar quantifies a 1/4 note value as: 83.01.000.

Reaper quantifies the same 1/4 note value as: 83.1.00.

These values are taken directly from the event lists of both programs (I imported the piece from Sonar into Reaper, so I can look at both versions of it and compare). As you can see, the values are different.

Not sure if this the problem, but it's something that you might want to consider.
michael diemer is offline   Reply With Quote