View Single Post
Old 06-14-2017, 01:20 PM   #576
cfillion
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudiohbsantos View Post
If I have 4 or 5 different scripts that all use the same library, how can I use @provides to automatically download the library file without getting conflicts since they all link to the same file?
Just as nofish said above:

The provides tag has a rename operator since v1.1 to change the installation filename of a given file to a unique one. Symbolic links should also work (at least on Unix-like systems, not sure on Windows).

Code:
@version 1
@provides [nomain] Library File in the Repository.lua > Library File on the user computer.lua

dofile('Library File on the user computer.lua')
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudiohbsantos View Post
ON a side note, is there a clean way of updating the tile of a script in a reapack entry after it's been comitted once? I've tried -a (amend) and --rebuild and they both keep the first name committed, forcing me to create a new file in order to force a name change.
Do you mean the @description tag and its aliases? It's a package tag, so it's always updated even without --amend (which is for all version-related tags).

Looking at your repo, I see you changed "Go To Time" to "CS_Go To Time" and that the new name got indexed as it should be. It also displays as such here in ReaPack (I'm not a big fan of adding author prefixes to the descriptions, I think it clutters the display btw).

Perhaps you got the hit by GitHub's CDN cache update delay? It can take a few minutes before it starts serving modifications especially when the old file was requested just an instant before.

Last edited by cfillion; 06-14-2017 at 01:48 PM.
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote