View Single Post
Old 04-30-2019, 02:27 PM   #267
inarisound
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri1 View Post
hmm-do we not exist in a 3d reality?

2d is soooo..borrrringgg? --ahhhhh yaawwnz.
it seems this theme is not up for forum design debates m8's-creator has mind madeup..?
creator rules own roost-creator knows bestests... this is a' my precioussssss' =)

when using computers--i think it's essential to retain some kind of depths to all visual elements-- when user is not using natural eye zooming to clearly observe depth of field--eye strain happens 100x quicker..>?
a lot of blurriness may also come from poorly calibrated monitors-and a lot of part_time users rarely set any proper colour managements at graphic card level..pre daw colour enhancements+sharpening tools not used..
brightness/contrast//dynamic monitors are very common... having the correct display ratios helps..

please-retain 3d--more depth=more interest for basic human eye zoomz.
clowns,robots+amateurs--might make a great album title.. ? yeayea
oh+ i do not believe straight lines actually occur very often in nature.. space is apparently..curved? and straight lines actually break the universe..ses..?

I don't think we are talking about the same things.

Maybe I used the wrong terminology ?

What I mean by "3D look" is that obnoxious shadows on buttons/menus that were very popular in early 2000's in order to create a fake depth of field in their software.
You would find it in Windows XP, Vista or OSX till Mavericks... it was "a thing" for designers back then.

It looks very unprofessional and poor chose right now.
For people to understand what I'm talking about... Here is an example:

Obnoxious:

Reasonable:

So right now we have obnoxious buttons almost everywhere in V5...
Once I saw new flat buttons on FX, Route & Envelope... I really am in anticipation for redesign of other elements, because otherwise, as was mention prior, it would look amateur to mix two concepts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr Nox View Post
Hey White Tie,

First of, great work on the new theme. It looks very much like an upgrade from the existing V5 theme.

One question though, if you are at liberty to tell, is there a reason why the people in charge decided to go with a "same but different" approach instead of going "all in" with a complete new look?

I think that as long as the devs keep this look and color scheme, REAPER will always be looked upon as the Linux of DAWs or the indie game studio of DAWs. It has nothing to do with your work, I'd just love if the REAPER gods would allow their DAW to have a more "professional" and user-friendly look, as some themers (like yourself) already showed it was possible.

Thanks and keep up the good work!
Can't agree more!

I think it's a great time/opportunity to make a change for the better in this regard.

The main reason why people switch to different themes from default is not because there is such vast selection of themes... it's because of the imperfection of a default one.

Edit: lol MaXyM summarized my thoughts in much better fashion. We wrote our independent thoughts almost at the same time. So I really hope this issue would not stay unnoticed.

Last edited by inarisound; 04-30-2019 at 02:37 PM.