View Single Post
Old 04-30-2019, 04:04 PM   #272
Coachz
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by inarisound View Post
I don't think we are talking about the same things.

Maybe I used the wrong terminology ?

What I mean by "3D look" is that obnoxious shadows on buttons/menus that were very popular in early 2000's in order to create a fake depth of field in their software.
You would find it in Windows XP, Vista or OSX till Mavericks... it was "a thing" for designers back then.

It looks very unprofessional and poor chose right now.
For people to understand what I'm talking about... Here is an example:

Obnoxious:

Reasonable:

So right now we have obnoxious buttons almost everywhere in V5...
Once I saw new flat buttons on FX, Route & Envelope... I really am in anticipation for redesign of other elements, because otherwise, as was mention prior, it would look amateur to mix two concepts.

Can't agree more!

I think it's a great time/opportunity to make a change for the better in this regard.

The main reason why people switch to different themes from default is not because there is such vast selection of themes... it's because of the imperfection of a default one.

Edit: lol MaXyM summarized my thoughts in much better fashion. We wrote our independent thoughts almost at the same time. So I really hope this issue would not stay unnoticed.
I would much prefer a realistic hardware theme like imperial where the controls and panels look like serious art and are neither flat or glossy obnoxious but thats just my preference.

Coachz Repo