View Single Post
Old 07-26-2015, 12:41 AM   #54
paulheu
Human being with feelings

I run a TC Electronic Desktop Konnekt 6 which is a bit wobbly on every new Insider preview build install. The tcnear.sys driver will crash when you leave it plugged in and you have to first open the ASIO control panel and then plug it in. Oddly enough after that it's fine.

When notified I got the usual 'we do not support pre-release versions of the OS' even with the RTM version I run now which is the release version.

This is the thing, these ignorant companies will be the main reason why anyone would be running into issues. Microsoft has been very good at fixing issues over the pas months and anything I found was generally resolved on the next preview build.

My biggest concern is that the horrific attitude of some companies to 'not even consider fixing possible issues until it blows up on release day' will give the trolls a reason to start bad mouthing Windows 10 while it's anything but the OS causing the issue here. It was the main driver giving Vista its bad rep as well.

When an early build back in January broke iLok it took a few days, but their support came back with a firm 'it will be fixed' and it was on he next preview build. Other than these two I really have not had any issues to speak of.

Last edited by paulheu; 07-26-2015 at 12:53 AM.
paulheu is offline   Reply With Quote