View Single Post
Old 11-04-2019, 01:02 PM   #8
heda
Human being with feelings

Very interesting. I enjoyed it
some topics discussed:
  • proper bug reporting is important
  • compare bug fixing with other companies
  • scripting in REAPER amazing ... Justin: yes there are some amazing scripters like mpl
  • also another example... like reticulate amazing... Justin: I haven't used it... that's out of my scope.
  • Justin: API mostly work but it is not really pretty.
  • MIDI side of REAPER.... vs Cubase...
  • Performance... separate reverbs vs one reverb and sends. People may need to change how to route projects. Hyperthreading for audio does still have some negative effects.
  • Linux, everything is open and we can really dig on the kernel and how everything works and it is a nice place to be testing things. The plugins are the issue on Linux. ALSA driver works really well and Jack on top of it to do more things like routing etc.
  • Cubase performance decreasing on each new version since version 6. Why would they do that?
  • Difference Other DAWs Audio engines vs REAPER audio engine
  • Future developments. Rewriting things, breaking other million things.
  • Video in REAPER
  • Origin of name REAPER. Happy music harvesting, no death
  • Why Cockos is different than other companies: Pricing, marketing, lack of copy protection...
  • OSX vs Windows... Justin: I don't really use windows 10.. I use Linux and macs, but it was nice to see the latest update on windows 10 about file local storage limitations and dpc latency.
  • MMCSS (unofficial) fix patch for windows 10. for machines with high number of cores.
  • REAPER "one type track" advantages.

heda is offline   Reply With Quote