View Single Post
Old 05-22-2020, 03:58 PM   #1
TeleTwanger
Human being with feelings

Default Toggling mic monitoring/speaker muting to record/listen

How to switch between recording and listening? Will try to make myself clear.

Okay, so I am in front of me music rig, staring at mic and speakers. And they are staring back. Its a small bedroom corner. A OneManBand.

When recording, I need to mute the speakers and enable "Record Monitoring" on the vocal track. Monitoring is thru the headphones. However, when doen recording and wanting to listen thru the speakers, I need to reverse that - Enable the speakers, disable the monitoring, else one gets a squeal. Not the good kind.

I have done this for years in Sonar, which I am looking to abandon, since they abandoned me. Sonar allows individual buttons to be grouped. So I group Mute buttons with Monitor buttons. And it worked sweet. I simply had to hit one button and toggle back and forth to my hearts content.

Apparently, REAPER doesnt Group the same way. It seems only matching controls can be grouped. I tried adding the "Arm Record" to some Mute buttons in a small group, but no.

So, looking for another solution for toggling between monitoring/listening.

I like REAPER, but the grouping is primitive and clumsy. In Sonar, it was right-click on a button or control, and get the add to group dialog. Quick.
TeleTwanger is offline   Reply With Quote