View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 04:35 PM   #10
valy
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeleTwanger View Post
Yes. Have two sets of speakers (actually Speaker Bus with two sends and two tracks), thus two tracks going to their hardware outputs. Right "now" (am saying that because being a newbie and trial/error) am not really using the Master. For overall volume control, using the Speaker Bus.

Basically what is my working solution is a Mute button group on the Headphone Bus and the Speaker (one of the two Bus is always muted) I have to remember to turn off Monitoring on the active vocal track before un-muting the Speaker Bus.
I see. You could simplify that routing a bit by having a single "mix bus" track that feeds all audio to the master track, then place hardware output sends on the master track itself.

Let's say you did that, so that you have two sends on the master track: hardware output 1/2 and hardware output 3/4. The first sends the mix out of your interface to your speakers, and the second sends it to your headphones.

Then, you can use Reaper's cycle actions combined with a custom action to toggle mute the speaker output on the master track while simultaneously toggling the record monitor of your selected track on and off.

First, watch this video and do what he does to create a cycle action that toggles the selected track's record monitor setting between ON and OFF (ignoring the Auto mode):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giyWcjUgDNk

Here is mine:

Now, create a custom action that combines your new cycle action with a master-track send mute:

You can then assign that custom action to a shortcut or toolbar button.
valy is offline   Reply With Quote