View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 02:56 PM   #100
audioguytodd
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopi View Post
Oh well then my VERY bad... but let me explain a little:

See I thought, apparently mistakenly, that once the free player was registered or authorized or whatever, that nki's would just work in it IF they were not 'third party' full on libraries.

Therefore I thought it would be handy for the community to just have this alternative set as kontakt ready.

Now about the samples as I saw them in kontakt while doing the conversions:

First, I used Extreme Sample Converter to just make a set of normal .nki's from the sfz files. ESC does that very well. Now those load fine but they of course need to load their samples from the Samples folder. So I went a step more. I loaded each of those nki's and played it and then oponed up the kontakt mapping editor to see what the sample were doing. In many cases, especially in the brass sets, I found that the volumes were way low. But the mapping editor lets you adjust that on a per sample basis. So I did that staying fairly conservative with the increases.
Now in the process of doing that for each nki, I found one or two places where one sample did not span two notes but where it clearly was intended to do so. It was easy to fix that, but I don't recall which ones and I don't think I'll go back to the original nki's to find them...

Lastly, I saved each and every instrument with it's own color panel and saved as a 'monolith' so that the nki actually contains the samples in it. Yes, takes up more HD space but loads fast and with no searching for a samples folder.

As to the dl link.... ummm well look... I had to pay a little bit to set that up but decided to do so for a year, just to help others... ED says the link works for him... so I can only assume it is working and perhaps if you have problems it might be something on your download end???
The size of the zip file is 528,573KB... if you get less than that is will not be complete and of course will not unpack.
What can you do? Try to download it again???

Lastly, I personally think this project is a fine idea for people that don't have other Orch. ways and means. I do have those and would not actually use these instruments my self. However I did test them in the free sfz player and found it sort of tedious as a vsti thing.. and that is why I even started to do the kontakt conversions. I can tell you that they load and play just fine in the real kontakt ver. 4.1 and up.

Now I could upload just the raw nki files as well, and you can add the existing Samples folder to that and give that a try if you like.

I am happy to help within the time limits I have in my life.
I applaud your efforts!! I agree that these should be more easily usable. Good stuff.