View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 03:18 PM   #17
foxAsteria
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by godly View Post
I'm not sure PooFox (is that correct,haha)...
Are you using different files for every song, or 1 file with all the programs (songs),...? And do you work with regions or so to jump to?
yes different files per song, but one long one with regions could work too. the items are actually the recordings, all on one track which i practice to and then mute for live use. I have another track with only program/bank items, but i plan to consolidate using free item positioning on a single track.

i was using sws region manager to choose and loop regions, but had to set up macros to get certain other behaviors. i prefer selecting items directly so i can have my item notes update on on item selection change.

so now i just switch between items with bpm markers at the starts. the macros turn on repeat and set the loop to the item to prevent next songs loading too soon if we played slowly.

note that if you want to switch items on a track that's not selected you need the sws "across tracks" item select actions.

i also use a midi controller and cycle actions (to select tracks directly by name via console commands) to arm/unarm tracks whenever i need to switch fx chains (each chain on it's own track, all tracks using the same input).

switching presets live scares me. plugins can crash then, but selecting and arming tracks is very safe. plus there's usually a bit of delay during the switch and effect trails get cut off. so i arm and unarm tracks with different chains instead of muting them or switching fx presets in order to preserve delay and reverb tails when switching.

btw i think we might need an FR for switching banks and bpm outside of playback. might exist already tho...