View Single Post
Old 06-26-2014, 11:23 AM   #35
otofo
Human being with feelings

Thank you for your tutorial godly. This has helped me enormously in my quest to easily switch VST sound patches via my MIDI controller in live performances.

New forum member, new to Reaper, new to playing live w/ MIDI controller (M-Audio Oxygen 61) thru laptop/VSTs. Learning curve pretty steep for me. New terminologies, new concepts, etc. Overall I have made great progress just getting to the point of playing my keys reliably thru the house mains! But am still stumped at certain aspects.

Currently have a few confounding issues I am anxious to clear up in this process:

1. I was hoping to use the row of buttons below the sliders (labeled c18-c25) to switch sound patches, much like on more traditional electronic keyboards. i.e., be able to press a button for my piano VST, and press another in the middle of a song to switch to my synth lead VST, etc. Some VSTs evidently have these buttons already pre-programmed to control settings in the VST. In the "Actions" window I was able to map the buttons to recall my various snapshots, but in certain VSTs the buttons revert to controlling settings within the VST instead of my desired reult of recalling another snapshot. Is there a way to override these? Temporarily I am using the six transport buttons to switch my sounds but was hoping to be able to program more than six presets.

2. The VST image displays onscreen when switching to that VST (recalling that snapshot) but does not remove itself when switching to another snapshot. They end up piling up on the screen, one on top of the other, requiring me to manually shuffle thrue these with the mouse to display the current one. Is there a way to have the VST display remove itself from the screen when switching to another?

3. Sometimes, when switching sounds (recalling another snapshot) an unrequested note will play. I have to hit the panic button to turn it off. Still trying to find out if there is a pattern to this that might point to a possible cause.

I am using Reaper v4.62 with my M-Audio Oxygen 61 controller to control 10-12 VSTs in live performance situations. Not using it for recording, composing, sequencing, etc. (Yet!)
otofo is offline   Reply With Quote