View Single Post
Old 04-19-2018, 06:47 AM   #9
vdubreeze
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliansader View Post
Something I didn't know until EvilDragon pointed it out to me: Right click on the inline editor's CC lane dividers to change or add CC lanes.

Most of my MIDI editing scripts should work in the inline editor** (and should automatically install into that section of the Actions list), and there are also scripts for changing active channel and CC lanes.

EDIT: ** Except that mousewheel shortcuts don't work in the inline editor.

Thanks, juliansader. Unfortunately, my need isn't one of how to access CC info. Only to be able to edit note pitches and placement (and the occasional velocity) of any given track in as direct and few mouse moves while remaining in full tracks view and not switching modes, or at least visuals, as is possible in other DAWs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post

As it is right now I find the need to know what you are looking for in advance AND guessing the correct terminology for your search just makes the whole thing a nightmare.

That's one issue. Another is that due to the way Reaper just is, some solutions are not available to be reasoned out by those with their brains not wired a certain way. For example, there are functions that Reaper can achieve on a track but only after "Take: *function* on takes as items/Select first take in selected item/delete active take from item", all to do what is done as a single click elsewhere. Now, this isn't the problem at all, as long as you can get it in the end, but there's just no way in heck that 80% of folks who want a DAW can figure out, by poring over the action list and the manual, that what you need to do is put a function on a 'take' (when there are no other 'takes') instead of item, and then process and delete the 'first take', in order to get a very standard function to happen (in this case it's "paste (buffer) to fill selection". No way.