View Single Post
Old 06-12-2016, 10:27 AM   #6
kkostovas
Human being with feelings

Just brainstorming here...

Since the envelope points are added in time selection we really don't care about tempo, just the start, end and length of the selection in order to generate points at equally distant positions. For instance if we want a square wave in the envelope we can set that we want 2 points for the rate in the selection so this will create a single square(we don't take into account the 2 points at start and end). If we set 3 points then we will have a square wave plus the first half and so on. And this can go to really big number but it will always be proportional to the length.

What I mean by "don't care about tempo" is if the time selection matches the grid that is fine and it will also match the tempo but if we have audio recorded without a tempo track we can specify the length of a bar by selecting it and the envelope will match that.

I hope I am making sense...

I just find myself using this a lot to create effects and strange modulations and I feel that I miss this "sync" feature.

PS I saw there was a deactivated rate option in the script which also Xenakios had it working at some point but then he also removed it. Maybe it is not possible currently.
kkostovas is offline   Reply With Quote