View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 10:16 PM   #4
Breeder
Human being with feelings

Frequently Asked Questions - Part 2 (FAQ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adXok View Post
One thing I wanted to ask is, what are those tracks from on 1 to 5, one being a folder of tracks 2,3,4 and 5. I can see them on the Inspector mixer, though not in the TCP (Arranger)?

They are named --RACK-- something. Same thing with the default name of the recorded files ($RACKitem... something), which I changed.
That's mixer FX Rack. You can show it/hide it with the shortcut 'F' or by right-clicking mixer master track and selecting Show mixer FX rack....

I left it loaded in template projects so it doesn't go missed but you can hide it and all these tracks will disappear from your project. You can then proceed to resave project templates so you never see it again.

It's 5 tracks that are meant to hold your favorite FX and instruments. You populate them with FX you want to use and then save them as track template (explained in the user guide), you can see it in action here (image)

I personally have it fully populated and all of my FX are set offline but I key-binded this REAPER ReWorked script:
Code:
Script: Track FX - Set last offline FX in mixer track online and float (show at mouse cursor...).lua
to my mouse so whenever I drag some offline FX from mixer FX rack, I just hover my mouse over the track where I draged FX and run that script once so it puts last offline FX online. Works a treat!

Last edited by Breeder; 01-11-2020 at 02:35 PM.
Breeder is offline   Reply With Quote