View Single Post
Old 08-04-2016, 10:08 PM   #17
DANunconcious
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpl View Post
Align takes is a Lua script for REAPER. Its algorithm based on matching RMS envelopes of dub takes and some reference take using stretch markers.

since I stopped developing Warping Tool (which "Align takes" was part of) I decided to create dedicated thread for this part

So how to use it?
  • select takes
  • press 'Get'
  • move slider

You need to have at least 2 items placed on different tracks one under another. The reference item/take is upper take. You can also simultaneously work with any count of takes. The upper take will be also reference item/take for them. "Can I give to this script any audio?" No. You need to prepare item/takes manually OR just click "Get" button and see what special "prepare" function will do.
Perfect situation:
  • ref. and dub takes with takerate = 1
  • ref. and dub takes without stretch markers
  • ref. and dub takes without snap offset
  • ref. and dub takes are not loop sourced
  • reference take edges over dub takes edges (so every point of dub take is beetween ref.take position and ref.take end)
After you pressed "Get" button, you should see ugly waveforms in script window. If you see vertical lines on syllables/transients, then congratulations - your takes ready to match each other. Move slider and see what happen. If you didn`t see then - try to play with settings, which are explained further. Press "+" button to extend window and change preferences.

Green knobs are parameters for detection syllables and transients start/end positions (I call them 'points' further, they represented as vertical lines on the waveform graph). RMS envelope ('envelope' further) of course have some window, so aligning non-macro stuff like drums is not a good example for this tool. Basically points added when envelope rise/fall (envelope always rising/falling so green knobs let you define WHEN exactly to add points, i.e. define conditions for adding).
  • Scaling. Let you define how much do you wanna compress signal for detection. It is NOT compress actual take audio. More compression = rise/fall settings more sensitive. No compression = better for transients detection.
  • Threshold is linear "noise floor" for detected points. It is represented on the graph. Lower threshold = more points.
  • Rise area. If signal rise/fall by value defined with Rise/Fall and Rise/Fall2 in this area, point will be added. Short time = more points.
  • Rise/Fall - linear gain/attenuation factor when checking Rise area for scaled envelope. Lower value = more points.
  • Rise/Fall2 - linear gain/attenuation factor when checking Rise area for original envelope. Lower value = more points.
  • Filter area - minimal space beetween detected points. Long time = less points.

Red knob is a parameter for main algorithm.
  • Search area means how far possible stretch markers can be moved. Short time = tiny alignment.

Blue knobs are parameters for building envelope
  • First selector allow to change type envelope beetween RMS envelope and FFT (sum of spectrum bins values) envelope.
  • Second selector allow to change algorithm. First algo get every block beetween 3 closest points and find best fit by moving center point. Second algo use same technique, but get blocks one-by one and calculate best fit potential stretch markers position relative to previously stretched blocks.
  • RMS window is how much samples taken to calculate average for every envelope point.
  • FFT size is number of FFT bins.
  • HP and LP control FFT edges.
  • Smooth knob control smoothing final envelope.

With version 1.110+ you can also save your presets and share them to others (configuration is stored within script path).

Don`t forget it is totally FREE "native" alternative to SyncroArts ( Vocalign / RevoicePro ) $150+ software. So please donate if you use it and like it. Donate button open www.paypal.me/donate2mpl in your default browser.

Source. Script accessible via ReaPack extension also.

Michael.

-----------------------------

HEllo! I'm new to Reaper, I just downloaded and install Reapack but can't figure out how to use this script or plugin like the video? Where is it located? how can I access it? Can someone please help me with this.... Thx!
DANunconcious is offline   Reply With Quote