View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 06:58 PM   #16
BrotherLove
Human being with feelings

hi, thanks for your detailed response. Ive been working my way slowly through all the scenarios.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blechi View Post
Hi Jacko,

i have no clue why it takes 10-15 sec until your DM4800 locks to MTC.
I timed it - 15 seconds to lock, or start automation playback. It then drops lock at 1:15 everytime, and the desk starts doing weird stuff (constantly writing automation data to the save file). no matter where I start playback from, always the same, 15sec till anything moves, 1:15 it all goes haywire.

Quote:
Do all the framerates match? (project, vVIMTC, DM4800)
Does the DM4800 lock quicker/at all if you use a SMPTE/MTC-generator item instead of the vVIMTC?
('Insert' -> 'SMPTE LTC/MTC Timecode Generator')
Do you use 'normal' MIDI or some MIDI over LAN thingy?
(beingmf had problems with these as you can see some posts above your's)
Yeap, all settings are correct. Im using bog standard USB MIDI.

Quote:
To break a possible MIDI feedback you can try putting 'JS:MIDI/midi_eater' before the vVIMTC in the FX chain to block incoming MIDI data on this track.
The slowdowns etc. you mentioned may be related to MIDI feedback, although i didn't notice such problems here yet.
Cheers for that, its fixed the hanging issue. Ive got some crazy configuration issue here as the desk needs to use USB port 3 to receive MIDI for MTC, but send MIDI for the remote control. Ill try to work out how to assign different ports. In the mean time that JS plug works just fine.
Quote:
The vVIMTC track has to be record armed ('Record: disable (Input monitoring ony)') because otherwise the JS engine doesn't recognize the state of the pause button (already reported this as a bug and i hope it's being fixed some time).
Mmmkay, doesn't change anything though.

Quote:
How does the DM4800 behave when playback is stopped and you move the cursor? Does it lock? Do you use fullframe MTC or quarterframe MTC?
Yes, it shows the correct TC location on the metrebridge when I move the cursor. Im using quarterframe MTC Always.

Im not suggesting its your pluggin at fault, Im sure If got crazy-wrong settings or something buggy over here, but if anyone knows about it Im hoping you do.

Cheers