View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 11:11 AM   #6546
Funkybot
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dberman View Post
@MixMonkey, I gave this a try and I am still convinced there are no virtual controls on the X-Touch One. I have *almost* everything working, and I have a feeling my zone file is the cause of the remaining issues.
- Channel Select button is on when track 1 is selected. All functions work - mute, solo, arm, automation mode, etc. If I select any other track with the mouse, none of those work. Also, the fader controls the master track when the Channel Select button is lit.
Dberman, I've now been through every MCU mode on the X-Touch One and can offer some additional insight that I didn't have even yesterday. If you use my .mst and .zon files from yesterday in *most* MCU modes, you'll be at a good starting point.

But I want to add some additional context:

1. The MCU modes definitely use 9 virtual faders...

2. ...Except in MCU Std and MCU User modes where they use 1 fader and 1 master fader. So you have two options, use one of the MCU DAW modes and get a very MCU-like experience with 9 faders, or continue to use MCU Std or MCU User modes and have to workaround some of the issues using SelectedTrackNavigator.

3. In MCU Std and User modes - the track fader address starts with e4. This would actually correspond to fader5 in any of the other modes. An odd choice IMO. Why wouldn't Behringer have used fader1 (e0)?

4. The Master Fader is always e8. The master fader button doesn't transmit any data, it just switches the address to e8.

5. The different MCU modes change the data the buttons transmitted. So what may be the F1 widget in one mode, may become the Read widget in another mode. Not all widgets appear in all modes, so different MCU modes offer different functionality.

6. Some MCU Modes just make some bizarre choices. One button in Reaper mode does nothing for example. Transmits no data. Waveform uses the Marker widget to enable looping and the Save widget to enable Write automation mode, even though MCU offers buttons for those specific functions. There are more examples of that.

7. Some MCU widgets don't exist anywhere on the X-Touch One. Things like MIDI Tracks, Inputs, Audio Tracks, Audio Instrument, Aux, Busses, etc. This is probably just due to the limited size and having to compromise.

8. There are no modifier widgets used in any of the MCU Modes either. This kind of sucks. For this reason, I'm thinking about repurposing Zoom as a Shift modifier to expand the functionality within CSI.

Anyway, I plan on updating the .mst and .zon some more now that I have this additional information. My goal is to create mappings for each widget used in any of the MCU DAW modes. I'll likely remove the unused widgets from the .mst because I'll need to steal "shift" in order to repurpose zoom.
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote