View Single Post
Old 12-19-2018, 10:16 AM   #5
Coachz
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philbo King View Post
I use 1 midi editor per track for this. When I open the midi editor, the other midi items appear grayed out, but clicking on one makes it active for editing.

An alternative, if you have a number of midi takes, copy the track and glue the copy, which results in a single midi item for the whole track. So when you open the midi editor, there is only one clip to mess with.
Thanks. I've been doing that but why can't Reaper just let me edit all the midi items that are on a track like one item ? It's so silly to have to be dicking around with selecting each midi item on a track or unlocking each one.

I have drum midi items as Intro, Verse, Chorus etc and glueing them would screw up my ease of copy and pasting them to make arrangements. Come on Reaper ! There needs to be a simple way to just double click on a midi item and have the midi editor let you see all the notes on that track ready to edit.

I do see that if I double click and open a midi item in the editor and THEN select all the midi items in the arrange view they are all editable. So there's that but still a pain to go back and forth.

Coachz is offline   Reply With Quote