View Single Post
Old 01-20-2016, 08:20 AM   #52
karbomusic
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapclap View Post
Thanks for the fast reply Karbomusic, But I think I may already have that, the problem is, when I try to install Faderport, after I press rewind, stop, record,for the firmware check, I get an error message, I don't know if it's because I'm not installing from the provided CD,(which is broken) or if I'm using the wrong software, Is 1.3.8 the driver package, or will that also preform a firmware check, the faderport is brand new, so I assume it should have the latest firmware?
Are you on Windows? You should be able to run FaderPort_135_617.exe but don't run the Firmware installer that occurs after the driver install? Does it revert if you allow it to install the driver but cancel out of the Firmware check? 1.3.8 is a Firmware package only btw. It is also probably possible to extract the driver from FaderPort_135_617.exe then browse to it to update the driver bypassing the Firmware check altogether.

Starting to wonder if you even need ^that. If it happens to be class compliant it should just work but it has been so long I don't remember and I'm not at home to check mine to see.