View Single Post
Old 07-10-2017, 09:50 AM   #18
Jack Winter
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwreck View Post
In case I didn't mention it above, for this install I opted out of systemd for openrc using the Manjaro Architect installer, and these issues are likely a result of that. I think that I wouldn't be seeing these issues with a default Manjaro install. But trying to run openrc is a learning endeavor for me. What init system are you running?
Since I'm running archlinux I use systemd. I dislike it in general and much preferred the old bsd style init, but don't think it's a good idea to fight the distro on such a low level...

Quote:
After taking a closer look, snd_seq_device is being loaded by default, but the complaint from jack is:

Code:
03:50:05.109 Could not open ALSA sequencer as a client. ALSA MIDI patchbay will be not available.
ALSA lib seq_hw.c:466:(snd_seq_hw_open) open /dev/snd/seq failed: No such file or directory
connect(2) call to /dev/shm/jack-1000/default/jack_0 failed (err=No such file or directory)
attempt to connect to server failed
But for whatever reason, this takes care of it manually:

Code:
/etc/modprobe snd-seq
No idea about this, but I suppose another problem related to your distro hacking
Reaper for Linux Documentation (WIP). Software: Archlinux/KDE, Fabfilter FX, Komplete 8, Nebula, Schwa/Stillwell, T-racks Max/Amplitube/SVX, etc. Gear: i7-2600k/4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, Genelec 8040, etc. :)
Jack Winter is offline   Reply With Quote