View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 04:23 PM   #52
kindafishy
Human being with feelings

@Rob - It will just shoot you out a song, but not the first day you use it. It is complicated, until you read the manual and play with it. If you trade a couple days up front to learn it, it has the potential to save you countless hours later. It is an investment. It's the only manual I have read cover to cover, and I am very glad that I did.

@Mike-Mat - I didn't want to read it either. Once I did, I knew it was worth it though. I can tell you that IMO, it is the single most innovative and effective piece of software that I have ever owned, and it is a crucial writing and recording tool for me now. That's me though. I won't push it on you if you're not digging it. For sounds, I actually don't use the built in Jamstix sounds. I use Superior Drummer. I've got the stock kit, the NY studio pack and Evil Drums. I really want to get the Music City kit now as well. I started with EZ Drummer and ended up getting SD eventually. Love both products and they work together as well, so that's a bonus. Tax refund can't come quickly enough!

No crashes here either. I used to get crashes, but those were because of my sound chip drivers and bad RAM. Nothing to do with Jamstix or REAPER.
kindafishy is offline   Reply With Quote