View Single Post
Old 12-08-2017, 11:49 PM   #58
cubic13
Human being with feelings

@Solar & krahosk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar View Post
@cubic13

This is one of your finest beautifully and well executed theme mate. I swear, using it now and it's a gem.

One thing if I may suggest that I think would a great add-on is to keep it as is but make new Color alteration version of the same Theme. Lets say a Darker black or blue version or darker brown version etc.. if you know what I mean. I think that would set this Theme to be a very versatile theme. Just like when you're using Ableton and you can just use the same theme but change colors or the overall.

NO rush, if you feel like it as well would be much appreciated

Again Kudos and thanks for sharing '-)

Best,
Thanks !

About the different tint versions, why not ? There are three ways to deal with this :

1) Make new themes which would have different background tints. Quite easy, but this means that there would be as many themes as different tints involved...

2) Make a pack with several sets of files needed to make the theme significantly different. The problem is to be sure that all the files of a given tint would be changed in one pass (including the ones which are in layouts subfolders). So yes, this would involve scripting. I'm afraid that LUA won't be up to the task, as there are no true file management functions in it, afaik. From which, it lets only the WSH (Windows Script Hosting) option, and its execution would have to be done outside Reaper. Beside this, OSX users would be left out of the way, as I don't even know if OSX has this kind of scripting feature.

3) a last way would be to make a version with three or four tints, but it would need several .7z files. Never did this, but why not ?

I'm going to think a little more about this, to see what could eventually be done in practical terms.

Last edited by cubic13; 12-09-2017 at 12:00 AM.
cubic13 is offline   Reply With Quote