View Single Post
Old 09-28-2015, 02:39 AM   #117
Bob Headroom
Human being with feelings

Hi

A quick confession and apology first of all.... As irony would have it, I've got a fortnight off work now. But the time was taken off because we need to do some major groundwork and renovation in the garden. As a result, I'm only going to have snippets of time to keep coming back to this. They will be daily snippets though. But my apologies if there are sometimes quite a few hours between responses. I will however do my best to keep things moving along as swiftly as possible.

I think I am a bit similar in terms of the "bit between my teeth". We've come this far and I really would like to keep going and see if we can get things fixed. That being said, I really took on board what you said about a fresh installation. This OS has been running for 7 years now on my PC! And Xp - as we all now - is well passed it. I really struggle with change and the idea of moving onto Win7 fills me with stress and dread. I'm not the kind of guy that just gets on with this sort of thing. I'm more the kind of guy that researches it to death so that I have every single possible potential problem thought through before going ahead. I know, I know! I'm working on it.

Anyhow, we're here for IT support not therapy. I just wanted to say that I think in the next few months I will prepare the migration onto Win7. Amongst all the other reasons for this, I just found out that Chrome will stop support for XP in 2016. I made the change from Opera to Chrome earlier this year and do not fancy the idea of changing browser again. That's the tip of a huge iceberg, but it still adds to the many reasons to change. Watch this space for future questions I'll no doubt have about the Win7 move!
Bob Headroom is offline   Reply With Quote