View Single Post
Old 03-15-2016, 04:08 AM   #1
fredrikd
Human being with feelings

Default First MIDI notes louder after playback start

Hi!

First of all, I'm not sure if this is a Reaper bug or if it's caused by some other issue, so I'm sorry if this has no place here. I haven't got any other suitable DAW to crosscheck.

What happens is that after I hit "play" the first appearing notes on every midi track are played back louder and then gradually stabilizes on the volume I've set, as if I'd given every note it's own velocity setting, gradually declining from around correct volume + 6db to correct volume.

This happens within a timeframe of about 0,5 - 1 second, so the amount of notes that are played back louder depends on how many notes are played within that timeframe. This happens to the first notes on every MIDI track, so if one of the MIDI tracks doesn't play notes at the exact point I choose to start the playback, the first notes on that MIDI track will be louder later, when the track starts playing notes.

It's not an issue of note-doubling, as it occurs whenever and wherever I decide to start the playback from. Deleting notes doesn't help.

It's not a NI Kontakt issue, as it happens to other plugins as well.

My current workaround is to automate the volume of each midi track the first 0,5 - 1 second when the track plays its first notes (to avoid volume increase on the track export/bounce), but as I'm sure you can understand it's no lasting solution

I appreciate any and all help, and hope this has an easy solution that I've simply overlooked.
fredrikd is offline   Reply With Quote