View Single Post
Old 06-12-2020, 02:45 AM   #1
bFooz
Human being with feelings

Default [MOSTLY DONE] Notation FR - Remove bar menu showing on left-click

EDIT v6.52

This was mostly implemented in v6.52. The menu is not shown on the left click and the cursor moves to the first beat of the measure. So it is much better during the work.

There are two things that needs tidying up:
1) when hovering over this area the cursor should not change, there is no change in the left-click functionality now.
2) the right-click hit area should extend from the bar line all the way to the first grid line. Currently it ends somewhere before the first grid line leaving a blind space there. This is just an obvious logical alignment.

I did not write these two things to the original FR because I thought they were obvious as a good interface practices.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ORIGINAL POST:

Request: Remove the bar menu being shown when left-clicked close to the barline. It should be shown just on right-click in that area.

Reason short: The unintentional openings of this menu halt the workflow too much.

Reason long: When working I want to show this menu 0-5 times per session. But I want to move the cursor to the start of a measure cca 100-1000 times per session. Each time when I click the first beat in the measure to place the cursor there, I am anxious if I will or will not accidentaly trigger the bloody bar menu. It just gets in the way big time. If I am in the flow and forget about it, I trigger it on when I do not need it very very often.

Sub-request: sanitize the organisation of this menu. I still cannot really get around it in its current state. Ant it is non-customizable.

What is shown here: I want to place the cursor at the first beat of each specific measure. But instead, with a slight misalignment of the cursor, the bar menu is open which I did not want! So stressful.

Last edited by bFooz; 03-29-2022 at 01:32 AM.
bFooz is offline   Reply With Quote