View Single Post
Old 09-03-2021, 05:32 AM   #1
lozz
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper Media Explorer

Recently I needed to play music tracks to air for our Olympic Broadcast from a large, complex file directory.
Reaper Media Explorer was fantastic for the task and worked rock solid to air.
But I have 2 problems with it.

1.If I set just a start selection other than 0, when I hit 'stop preview', that start selection disappears. (not the waveform, just the start point) . Therefore, after the first preview is stopped, I have to re-find the desired start point again.
If both Start and End point are selected, then they remain after hitting stop preview (both start & end points remaining is good, and as I would expect for start point only selected).
('Play Previous' is not a workaround as it's a different key to remember and the visual of where the start point is lost). and setting start and end points are not quick when all I want is to click on a start point once.

2. I am demoing the latest Reaper 6 version and would dearly love to upgrade except that:
When I am previewing media and select another new media file, preview stops. This behaviour is unlike the preferable behaviour in version 5 where I could continue playing media until I was happy with a new media selected, and then hit preview for continuous sound into the new media with no pause in between.

Further, If a crossfade ability were added between media items previewed, and playback logging, then I would emphatically recommend Reaper 6 as an on-air music playback system to many other broadcasters.

I have tried adding selections to the sampler as a possible work around, but it is too slow as the beauty of 'Reaper Media Explorer' is the efficiency to quickly locate and play media with a waveform display that shows play position in real time.

Thanks very much in anticipation of a solution.
lozz is offline   Reply With Quote