Old 07-21-2013, 11:24 PM   #61
CGB
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedwood View Post
If you do not choose your own directory AD will put the program in:

C:\Programs\XLN Audio

Then it puts the .dll in:

C:\Programs\VST plugins , or similar name. This is the folder to point REAPER at
This is BS.

I tried this with Addictive Drums and now with Sound Trek and it is a huge pain in the ass and extremely frustrating. Nobody really knows and the installer in my case seem to have installed everything but the application.

WHY NOT... type the name of the program into something called ADD VSTi or ADD VST into Reaper and stop all the other crap. This is bullshit! I don't know if the problem is Reaper or the VSTi for hiding. In my case a load of files show up with stupid names most of which are documents.

The intelligent thing to do is have the VSTi Icon appear on the desktop. Right click on it and have it ask what DAW's file you want it to go in.

Locate the VST folder? Good luck with that. When the AD online intaller does it thing it does not tell you where it put the app.

With SoundTrek you unzip the files and there is no way of knowing which one is the application. You click what is the largest file and it asks if you want to install it. It show up in Programs as SoundTrek but you don't know what it is. You clik it and a fly out calls itself SoundTrekDrummer. Then you get the following selections:

Create Beats Tutorial
Release Note
Sound Treck Drummer Help
Sound Treck Manual PDF
Uninstall Sound Treck Drummer (I hope that one works)

Then when you search you get a lot more files none of which seem to be the app.

One is called C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\SoundTrek\SoundTrekDrummer Reaper can't find it.

Am I supposed to create a VST folder? and put C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\SoundTrek\SoundTrekDrummer in it?

Is there something I should be putting in the text box. I put C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\SoundTrek\SoundTrekDrummer in the text box, click Add and it vanishes.

I have put file names in the text box and the same thing happens.

Do these VSTi drum machines work if you don't have a DAW? I mean can you open them? I have clicked Open and it take me to a file. I click the file and then the installer opens. It goes through an installation, I see names of drums and kits being installed but nothing changes.

I am assuming that AD and SoundTrek Drums are on my computer but I don't know.

I give up.
CGB is offline   Reply With Quote