View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 09:41 AM   #478
JamesPeters
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcalen View Post
I dunno if this is a bug in ReEQ, or a bug in the linux implementation of JSFX,
I don't get that behavior with ReEQ. I'm using Reaper5983+dev0905 on Linux Mint 19.2, Xfce 4.12.3, 5.0.0-27-lowlatency x86_64 kernel. I've tested in eco and hiq settings, with various bands enabled in different stereo/mid-side configurations, with and without AGC enabled, with or without the plugin window open.

What version of ReEQ are you using? The latest is 1.0.5 at the time of this post.

Is your CPU throttling (CPU frequency governor set to anything other than "performance")? If so, you could be seeing a change of the % of "available CPU" at the time based on the current frequency of the CPU, which will scale as the CPU gets more or less demand. For instance your CPU frequency might be as low as 800 Hz with nothing playing, but as you start playback that demands more of the CPU (processing audio on various tracks, VSTi, other plugins too, etc.) and then the CPU % you see for ReEQ shows as being scaled down just by coincidence because your CPU is now operating at a higher frequency (something closer to what it's "rated" at, like 3.5 GHz). Reaper can only report the % of the CPU a plugin uses, at the frequency the CPU is operating. That includes any BIOS settings like "CPU boost" which will overclock the CPU as it gets more demand.

Last edited by JamesPeters; 09-08-2019 at 10:01 AM.
JamesPeters is offline   Reply With Quote